1. The metamorphosis – obviously!
2. Alice: ‘I don’t do nice.’
3. ‘There she was again! That blonde girl in the mirror who looked perfectly normal, but was gradually realizing she was anything but.’
Those are great picks! My own favorites are:
1. The Finwip society. What a great concept! I am totally entranced by the notion of fairies evolving to exist in modern human society. Without giving too much of a spoiler, I’ll say that the village of the Finwips is a special place that will stay with you long after you put the book down.
2. The wings themselves on the new age fairies were beautiful and unique. I loved their description and the explanation as to why they were so different.
3. Alice’ brother is a typical older brother. He ignores her and keeps to himself. But he makes my favorite list because he is completely supportive when she begins to change.